- Published my first independent novella, Well Played.
- Overcame (slightly) my fear of public speaking and shared my love of, respectively: writing and Jane Austen at the Eureka Seminar and the Filipino ReaderCon.
- Met other awesome indie writers at the ReaderCon!
- Tried out other ways to get my writing out there: Wattpad, Smashwords, Kobo and SOON to an Apple device near you!
- Participated in my first ever blog book tour!
Well Played also wound up on a couple of best of 2013 lists. J said my little trifle of a novella helped him through some trying times, and Sab said it was one of her faves. I'm soooo touched. :) On days when I re-read what I've written and feel like tearing all the pages out and burning them (which happens quite a bit), thing like these make me smile, too.
What's in store for 2014? Well!
- Another classic-set-in-UPLB novella, this time taking off from Jane Eyre. ("Is this going to be a thing?" asked Mina when she heard the plot. Well, I think after this I'll be stepping away from colleges and classics. I think I've gotten it out of my system ;-))
- Like, WAYYYY away: I'm joining Mina's #SteamyReads!
- A new website! And my very own URL! Working it out as we speak!
- And speaking of stepping away of colleges and classics, I've been wrestling with an idea for a book for some time now, and it's going to be different from anything I've written before. I've written pages of exposition, timelines, character histories, vignettes -- but I've yet to get a handle on the entire thing, and, you know, write the story down. I think I need to take a page from Mina and do some proper plot outlining. But who knows? Maybe 2014's the year this book will finally be written!
Happy New Year everybody!!